May 11, 2020
Hello again, and welcome to another episode of Social
Before we get started, I would like to apologize for how late
this episode is coming to you and assure you that it was recorded
before official quarantine began. It has been a rough couple of
months. While I would rather be quarantined in the Gee Cave
consuming media and creating content, I have still had to go to
It's been rough on my mental health and as much as I love
editing this podcastn I couldn't do it. When you have four tracks
that are about two hours and ten minutes long, that's a lot of
pushing through depression to get finished. This feels like a HUGE
accomplishment and I hope you enjoy it. There is a little
lighthearted joking about what we thought was only going to be a
few weeks of quarantine. We were taking it seriously, I deep
cleaned and disinfected my house before having everyone over even
though we were pretty certain we had not been exposed. There
were a lot of things we didn't know at the time, and had we known
more it would have been discussed in a more serious tone.
Besides working and fighting an exhausting battle with anxiety
and depression, I have been making masks because it I needed some
for myself to feel safe leaving the house and wanted to make sure
friends, family, and a few neighbors had them too. I am still
making masks with my limited time because I need to feel like I am
doing something to help, but I am trying to get back into doing the
things I love because it is good for my mental health.
Take a short break from the stress and have a listen. If you
haven't already listened to part one check it out here first. You're about to listen to
part two of a special two part episode. We watched and
discussed the second three episodes of the Amazon Original
miniseries Good Omens. We also discussed the book it was
based on, Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes
Nutter, Witch. Written by Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett
and published in 1990.
Thanks for joining us, plug in your headphones and enjoy. Don't
forget to check out the links for our guests and for other things
mentioned in the episode.
- 0:01 – 0:21 “Postcards” by Scott Holmes
- 0:20 – 2:27 – Introductions, intro to subject
- 2:28 - 9:09 - Book vs. Series
- 9:10 - 22:34 - Episode 4 Discussion
- 22:35 - 55:55 - Episode 5 Discussion
- 55:56 - 1:28:35 - Episode 6 Discussion
- 1:28:36 - 1:33:11 - Wrap up, where to find guests
- 1:33:12 – 1:34:35 “Epic Cinematic” by Scott Holmes
- 1:33:30 – 1:34:34 Outro
Links of note!
- Featured in this Episode
- Where to find the guests online!
- Where to find Lizz online!
- Music featured on this Episode
- Opening track: “Postcards” by Scott Holmes
- Closing track: “Epic Cinematic” by Scott Holmes
- All tracks off of Scott Holmes’ “Documentary & TV Series”,
used under non-commercial/attribution license through the Free
Music Archive (LINK).
- Where to find the Podcast online!
- Where to find Social Sci-Fi online!
- Support the Podcast’s Host
All notes for this
episode can be found at
Thank you all for
listening! As always, be excellent to each other, and to
yourselves! We’ll see you all soon!